Kingswood Grammar School began playing rugby in the late 1940's and by 1950 football had completely disappeared from the schools sports curriculum. Rugby was played from September through until Easter - up to 19 games per season. By 1954 those who had been first introduced to the sport were leaving school and a group of ex-pupils formed Kingswood Old Boys RFC.
The Old Boys played their first game at the start of the 1954/55 season against Old Elizabethans. Within 10 years, a 2nd XV had evolved and the club, originally a “closed shop" to new-comers, was allowing some outsiders to join. A 3rd XV was formed in the late 60's by which time membership was open to all.
The club became Kingswood RFC in the early 70's. For 15 seasons KRFC fielded 4th XV. In the mid 80's, there was an occasional 5th Team and on one memorable Saturday, a 6th XV! Junior rugby began in 1978 and the club now has a strong mini section.
In 1979/80, KRFC built their own clubhouse and spent the next 16 seasons at the Church Avenue ground. In 1996, the club moved to their present location - Grimsbury Road Playing Fields - where we expect to stay for many years to come.